- National Commitee on Committees (elected), 2020 - 2022.
- National Committee on Nominations and Elections (elected), 2014-2016, 2017-2019.
- Secretary, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- Chair, Subcommittee on Leadership Sustainability, 2016-2019
- Division V Caucus chair, 2019-2021.
- Division of Business Management and Development
- Chair 2017.
- Webmaster, 2016 - present.
- Career Management and Development Presenter, 2002-present.
- Certified Master Facilitator, 2012-present.
- National Tour Speaker, 2006-2017.
- Chair, ACS Entrepreneurial Advisory Board, Entrepreneurial Resources Center (ERC), 2014.
- St Louis Local Section,
- Councilor, 2007 - present.
- Career Resource Coordinator, 2003 - present
- Received ChemLuminary "Best Local Section Career Program Award" for 2003, 2004, 2011, 2014.
- Chemistry Merit Badge Clinic Coordinator, 2003-present.
- Steering Committee, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Chair, 2002
- Winner, Outstanding Performance by Local Section Large Size Category
- Winner, Outstanding Kids & Chemistry Program
- Finalist, Best Activity or Program in a Local Section Stimulating Membership Involvement Award
- Finalist, Most Innovative Use of Technology
Elsa Reichmanis (ACS President), Lisa Balbes accepting Outstanding Local Section Award, Yorke Rhodes (Chair, LS Activities committee).
|(Photo Courtesy of Thatch Photography)
- Treasurer, St Louis Section, 2005, 2006.
- WebMaven St Louis Section , 1996 - 2004. Received Salute to Excellence Award for Outstanding Service.
- Director, St Louis Section, 2000.
- National Committee on Economic and Professional Affairs (CEPA), member 2007 - 2013; Chair 2011-2013 (statutory limit)
- Chair, Professional Program Development Subcommittee, 2008-2010.
- Subcommittee on Standards and Ethics, member, 2008-2010.
- Entrepreneurial Advisory Board Chair, 2014.
- Exposition co-Chair, Midwest/Great Lakes Regional Meeting, 2011.
- Professional Relations Division
- Newsletter Editor, 2007 - 2015.
- Moved newsletter from paper-based postal mailing to electronic delivery, significantly decreasing bothdelivery time and costs .
- Executive Committee, member at large, 2008-2014.
- Chair, Career Committee, CINF Division, 2006-2008.
- WebMaven, COMP Division, 2000-2008.
- News Media Coordinator, 2000-2001.
- Co-chaired 2-day Session "Bridging the Gap: Theoretical Chemistry to Drug Design" for National ACS Meeting in New Orleans, August 1999.
- Founder and Chair, Computational Chemistry Discussion Group St Louis Section, 1996-1999.
- Career Consultant, April 1993 - present.
Attended training sessions in 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- While in the Columbus, Ohio Section:
- Local Section Public Relations Chair 1993, 1994.
- Nominating Committee Chair 1994.
- National Chemistry Week Committee 1992-1995.
- Webmaster, 2013-present
- St Louis Freelancers Luncheon Coordinator, 2003-present
- Member, 2010 to present
- Manager, Consultants and Independent Contractor's Special Interest Group, St Louis, 2003-Present.
- Publications Competition co-chair, 2004.
- Chair, Corporate Sponsor Committee, St Louis, 2001-2003.
- Member 1994 to 2012.
- Silver Beaver Award Recipient, 2014.
- National STEM in Scouting Committee, 2014 - present
- Supernova Subcommittee chair, 2015 - 2016
- Program Subcommittee chair, 2016 - present
- National Advancement Advisory Panel, 2012 - 2016
- Greater St Louis Area Council (GSLAC)
- Nova Counselor and Supernova Mentor, 2012-present
- Individually work with youth (26 and counting) on challenging requirements, including two Einstein Supernova recipients
- Greater St Louis Area Council (GSLAC) STEM Committee, 2012 - present
- ViceChair, 2018 - present
- Boy Scout STEM Nova Chair, 2012-2017
- Dean, Boy Scout College, STEM University, 2012-2017
- FrightFest Slime Demos, 2013-present
- Cub Scout Day One Experiments, 2014
- Co-Dean, Technology College, University of Scouting, 2014.
- ScoutCircle webinar on STEM/Nova Program 2013 Jan 13
- STEM fest Co-Chair, as one of seven program areas for ScoutFest 2020, October 2-4
- Council Advancement Committee
- ViceChair of Eagle Boards, 2018 - present
- Member, 2015 - present
- Author team for "The Spirit Within", history of the Greater St Louis Area Council from 1976-2012
- Wood Badge Staff, C3-312-16-2, Fall 2016, New Troop Guide.
- New Horizons District
- STEM Co-Chair, 2020 - present
- Advancement Chair, 2015 - 2017
- District Award of Merit recipient, 2011
- Eagle Boards of Review, Oct 2008 - present.
- Boy Scout Adult Leader Training Staff, 2012 - present.
- Cub Scout Adult Leader Training Staff, 2009 - 2014.
- Merit Badge counselor for Chemistry, Personal Management, Citizenship in the World, Scouting Heritage, and Scholarship, 2004-present.
- National Jamborees
- 2021 July 15-29, The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, WV
- 2017 July 19-28, The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, WV
- Director, STEM Quest - Lead a team of almost 450 volunteers and 40+ program partners/activity areas, with close to 100,000 engagements in STEM-related activities, in a 6-acre field on top of a mountain
- Chemistry Merit Badge Fundraising Chair
- 2013 July 15 - 24, The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, WV
- 2010 July 26 - Aug 4 Fort AP Hill, Virginia
- Chemistry Merit Badge Staff
- Communications Committee Chair, National Jamboree Troop 1114
- World Jamborees
- 2019 July, STEM Curriculum Developer, Centro Mondial
- 2007 Communications Coordinator, World Scout Jamboree Troop 311
- Order of the Arrow (OA)
- Vigil 2019. Silver Arrowhead 2016. Brotherhood 2014. Ordeal 2012.
- Elangomat 2014, 2016, 2018.
- Adviser to Lodge Handbook Revision Committee, 2014.
- National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) Training Staff, STEM 2.0 session, 2018 July
- Friends of Scouting Campaign
- GSLAC Council Family Friends of Scouting Chair, 2014.
- New Horizons District Family Friends of Scouting Campaign.
- Chair, 2010 - 2013.
- Led team of 60+ volunteers in 135+ presentations each year, to collect donations exceeding $650,000 over three years.
- Vice-Chair, New Horizons District, 2009 - 2010
- Crew Chief, 2008 - 2010.
- Trailblazer, 2006 - present.
- Gateway Region
- College of Commissioner Science, Faculty (STEM in Scouting for Commissioners), 2019, 2020
- Scouts BSA Troop 352
- Assistant Scoutmaster-Advancement, Nov 2010 - present
- Advancement Coordinator, Aug 2003 - Nov 2010
- Treasurer, Cub Scout Pack 352, 2003 - 2004
- Park Board, 2008 - 2014.
- Finance subcommittee, 2008 - 2014.
- Naming Committee, Chair, 2009.
- Kirkwood High School Library.
- Weekly volunteer, 2005 - 2012
- Received "Ancient Order of the Book Worm" Award, 2010.
- Board Member, Friends of the KPL, 2007-2010.
- Chapter and Verse Newsletter Editor, 2009-2010.
- Nominating Committee, 2008.
- Webmaven, 2004 - 2010
- Homebound Patron Program volunteer, 2003-2010.
- Monday nigh shift supervisor, 2013 - present.
- Weekly evening shelter volunteer, Sept 2005 - present
- Alumni and Parents Admission Program (interviewing prospective students)
- Member 1998 - 2011. (Leave of Absence 2009).
- Chair, St Louis South Committee, 2002 - 2008.
- Turning the Tables (Feeding Future Alumni), 2000-2001.
- Charter Board Member
- Board Member, 1997 through 2003.
- Board Member Emeritus 2004-present
- Chair, 1999 , 2000, and 2001 Awards Committees.
- Expert Review Committee, 2000.
- CyberWorkshop Committee Technical Coordinator, 2003 - 2005.
- Editor, NeedleNotes, bimonthly newsletter for the Gateway Chapter, 1999-2001.
- Charter member, National Internet Committee, 1996 - 2000.
- FAQ maintainer, 1996 - 2000.
- Publicity and Public Relations Committee, 2000 - 2003.
Session Chair for the QSAR "Nuts and Bolts" session in 1995 and "New Trends II" Session in 1997.
- Stitching personalized samplers for new homes